Powerful partnerships. Standout solutions.
- Depository Institutions
Richard Quad is a trusted advisor to banking executives and Boards of Directors of community banks throughout the Eastern United States and a frequent speaker at industry conventions and bank strategic planning retreats on areas of strategic interest in the banking sector. He provides investment banking services to financial institution clients, including sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, capital markets and related strategic and valuation services.
While at Griffin, some of Rich’s recent transactions have included:
- Advising Northmark Bank on its sale to Cambridge Bancorp
- Advising Patriot Community Bank on its sale to East Cambridge Savings Bank
- Advising Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corporation on its $25 million raise of subordinated notes from accredited investors
- Advising CNB Financial Corporation on its purchase of Bank of Akron
- Advising Bar Harbor Bank & Trust on its purchase of eight Central Maine banking locations and the related loan, deposit and wealth business from People’s United Bank
- Advising Lake Sunapee Bank Group on its sale to Bar Harbor Bankshares
- Advising Westfield Financial, Inc., on its purchase of Chicopee Bancorp
Rich has more than 30 years of experience in both investment banking and commercial banking in the Northeast. As a senior investment banker, he has successfully completed over 80 assignments for more than 40 community bank clients including common, convertible, preferred stock and subordinated debt offerings, buy-side, sell-side and FDIC receivership transactions, as well as strategic and general advisory assignments.
Prior to joining Griffin, Rich was most recently Head of U.S. Financial Institutions M&A at RBC Capital Markets. During his 11-year tenure at RBC, he also served as Co-Head of U.S. Depository Institutions. He joined RBC in 2001 following its acquisition of Tucker Anthony Sutro, where he was a Vice President in the Financial Institutions Group.
Rich’s prior experience includes tenures with regional broker-dealer Advest, Inc., where he also worked in financial institutions investment banking, as well as with Banknorth Group, Inc., at the time a $2 billion bank holding company headquartered in Vermont, where he founded the company’s internal M&A function and coordinated the bank’s first two acquisitions.
- University of Vermont, B.S., magna cum laude, Business Administration with a concentration in finance
- Cornell University, MBA, with distinction
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses