- Depository Institutions
- Head, Depository Institutions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Quad is a trusted advisor to banking executives and Boards of Directors of community banks throughout the Eastern United States and a frequent speaker at industry conventions on areas of strategic interest in the banking sector. He provides investment banking services to financial institution clients, including sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, capital markets and related strategic and valuation services.
While at Griffin, some of Rich’s recent transactions have included:
- Advising Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corporation on its $25 million raise of subordinated notes from accredited investors
- Advising CNB Financial Corporation on its purchase of Bank of Akron
- Advising Bar Harbor Bank & Trust on its purchase of eight Central Maine banking locations and the related loan, deposit and wealth business from People’s United Bank
- Advising Lake Sunapee Bank Group on its sale to Bar Harbor Bankshares
- Advising Westfield Financial, Inc., on its purchase of Chicopee Bancorp
- Advising Connecticut River Bancorp, Inc., on its sale to Mascoma Savings Bank
Rich has more than 25 years of experience in both investment banking and commercial banking in the Northeast. As a senior investment banker, he has successfully completed over 60 assignments for more than 40 community bank clients including common, convertible, preferred stock and subordinated debt offerings, buy-side, sell-side and FDIC receivership transactions, as well as strategic and general advisory assignments.
Prior to joining Griffin, Rich was most recently Head of U.S. Financial Institutions M&A at RBC Capital Markets. During his 11-year tenure at RBC, he also served as Co-Head of U.S. Depository Institutions. He joined RBC in 2001 following its acquisition of Tucker Anthony Sutro, where he was a Vice President in the Financial Institutions Group.
Rich’s prior experience includes tenures with regional broker-dealer Advest, Inc., where he also worked in financial institutions investment banking, as well as with Banknorth Group, Inc., at the time a $2 billion bank holding company headquartered in Vermont, where he founded the company’s internal M&A function and coordinated the bank’s first two acquisitions.
- University of Vermont, B.S., magna cum laude, Business Administration with a concentration in finance
- Cornell University, MBA, with distinction
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses