Griffin provides licensed insurance carriers and other risk bearing entities, insurance agencies, MGAs, MGUs and other producers, as well as TPAs and other insurance business service providers with a broad range of strategic, financial and transactional investment banking services. Griffin also represents state insurance departments in connection with the disposition of assets held by the department as a rehabilitator or liquidator, and serves as financial advisor to departments in connection with their approval of complex insurance transactions. Griffin is especially experienced in assisting mutual insurance companies explore their strategic options.
Griffin has worked with the state legislatures and insurance departments of Pennsylvania, Delaware. North Dakota, and Kansas in structuring mutual-to-stock conversion legislation and related statutes. As a result of these legislative innovations, 17 mutual or reciprocal insurance companies have been able to fund organic growth and acquisitions.
Griffin and its affiliated companies provide a wide range of investment banking, advisory and legal services to insurance and insurance-related companies, including:
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Recapitalizations
- Renewal Rights Transactions
- Loss Portfolio Transfers
- Run-off Transactions
- Strategic Alternative Studies and Capital Planning
- Surplus Note Transactions
- Mutual Holding Company Formation
- Stock-based compensation plans, including employee stock ownership plans and related valuation services
- Insurance Linked Securities
- Government Affairs including creation and drafting of legislation
- Risk Management
- Growth Strategies
- Alternative Market Structures including captives and RRGs
- Regulatory Compliance
- FINRA licensing compliance
- Coverage analysis and defense including coverage disputes in bankruptcy
Griffin assists insurance companies and insurance producers in public offerings related to demutualizations, institutional placements, sales, syndication and other capital markets activities.
Griffin has a national reach and can serve insurance-related businesses wherever they are located. Our analytical, modeling and research talent, coupled with a number of proprietary research tools, enhance our ability to deliver the highest value to our clients.